Images of Kolkata flooding captured with Truepic technology
We are excited to announce the request for applications for our social impact grant program for the year 2022. Through this grant, Truepic offers its flagship Vision platform to organizations working to positively impact their community or the world.
Truepic’s award-winning platform – Vision – helps organizations use authenticated images and videos to help secure elections, increase trust in citizen journalism, secure supply chains, reduce costs and risks associated with international and community development and more. How will your organization change the world with authenticated images and videos?
Truepic technology was recognized as one of the 2021 Index Project winners, and recognized by TIME as one of the best inventions of 2020, featured by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative in 2019, and recognized by countless media outlets.
What is the Grant? Is it helpful to my organization?:
- Truepic Vision will allow any organization the ability to request and crowdsource authenticated images and videos from any smartphone in the world.
- Authenticated images and videos help increase oversight, due diligence, and transparency, which is beneficial for donors, partners, members, program management and the general public.
- If your organization collects, requests, makes decisions off of or uses photos & videos from smartphones – this tech will be very useful for you.
- If your organization relies on human inspection and monitoring this grant will be very useful for you. Digital authenticated images will be a force multiplier (or replacement) for your current human-centric process.
How can my organization use Truepic Vision? Past examples:
We are looking for partners that have a real understanding on how to use imagery to accelerate a mission and positively impact the community or the world. Some examples of how our grantees, social impact-partners or clients have deployed Truepic Vision for positive impact:
- Latino Economic Development Community (LEDC), one of our 2021 grantees, successfully deployed Vision over the past year to cut the wait period for beneficiaries by over 70% and saving tens of thousands of dollars in the process. A great example of how authenticated imagery is helping get underserved communities access to capital faster than ever before.
- The Near East Foundation, an international development organization, using Truepic Vision to help monitor and ensure due diligence on projects all over the world, creating increased oversight and reducing costs/risk. Read their incredible case study on development finance in Syria.
- The Antiquities Coalition, a non-profit organization working to stop the looting and trafficking of cultural heritage artifacts worldwide, is developing a program with Truepic Vision to document rare artifacts to establish provenance and immutable records in conflict zones.
- Ballotpedia, the pre-eminent political encyclopedia, used Truepic Vision to help verify the identity of political candidates online to inject added transparency and pre-empt fraud and disinformation. Read more in Politico.
What are the Grant Terms?
- Selected organizations receive a minimum of one year of pro-bono development, use, support, and training of Truepic Vision’s premium platform.
- Organizations demonstrating measurable success and real impact can extend grant for additional years.
- This is an in-kind grant and there is no cash awarded.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
Our grantees become our partners and we strive to help any way we can – even beyond technology. Our first and foremost goal is to find those organizations whose problem can be solved (or helped) with our solution, this includes:
- Proven and credible organizations working to positively impact their communities/world.
- A clear understanding of how authenticated imagery and remote inspections will accelerate or assist your mission.
- Plan on how you will measure impact.
- We are interested in organizations operating at local and international levels (no mission is too small or too big!)
What is the Deadline?
- Deadline for applying: Dec 31, 2021
Where do I apply?
Disclaimer: Truepic reserves all rights to select organizations at its discretion, change the terms of the program, or remove the program at any point in the future. The value of the grant will be determined based on use case. For additional details or with questions. Please contact [email protected]